Expert Witness in Immigration Law
I am an experienced expert witness. I have assisted in over a dozen state and federal court cases and arbitrations involving various immigration issues, including constitutional issues, workers’ compensation for noncitizens, and EB-5 green cards. I have also testified several times before Congress on various immigration issues.
If you need an expert witness on an immigration matter, contact me for more information.
CASE & ARBITRATION LISTCONGRESSIONAL TESTIMONY
CASES WHERE I HAVE BEEN RETAINED AS AN EXPERT WITNESS
- United States v. Sami Omar Al-Hussayn, Cr. No. 03-048-C-EJL (D. Idaho 2004)
- Equal Access Education v. Merten, Civil Action No. 03-1113-A (E.D. Va. 2004)
- Immigration Law Group, L.L.P. v. Danna McKitrick, P.C., Civil Action No. 4:03CV01226 RWS (E.D. Mo. 2004)
- Hernandez v. R.L. Spencer, Inc., Civil Action No. 03-CV-1532 (TJM/DEP) (N.D.N.Y. 2005)
- Lara v. M.A. Angeliades, Inc., Index No. 23186/03 (N.Y. Supreme Court (Kings County) 2006)
- Lozano v. City of Hazleton, Civil Action No. 6-cv-56-JMM (M.A. Pa. 2006)
- Fearon v. New York City Partnership Housing Development Fund Company, Inc., Index No. 17683/07 (N.Y. Supreme Court (Bronx County) 2010)
- Northeast Kansas Bioenergy, LLC v. Russell Teall, No. 1220041047 (California JAMS arbitration 2010)
- Togrides v. Sporn, Docket No. FST-CV-09-4017228-S (Ct. Superior Ct. 2010)
- Martinez v. City of Fremont, Civil Action No. 4:10-cv-3140 (D. Neb. 2011)
- Miller v. Lewis, Index No. 11358/2009 (N.Y. Supreme Court (Kings County) 2011)
- RCI Capital Group, Inc. v. FPP Investments LLC, No. 50 148 T00212 12 (American Arbitration Association 2012)
- Kyu Seock Lee v. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, No. SACV 10-1423 DOC (RNBx) (C.D. Cal. 2012)
- Arizona Dream Act Coalition v. Brewer, No. 2:12-cv-02546-DGC (D. Az. 2012)
- Koch v. Pechota, No. 10-Civ-9152 (S.D.N.Y. 2013)
In addition, several years ago I testified as an expert witness on US immigration law in a criminal trial in Canada and at a Canadian government commission investigating the detention and torture of Maher Arar.
- United States. Committee on the Judiciary House of Representatives. Operations of the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), Feb. 06, 2002. 107th Cong. 2nd sess.
- United States. Committee on the Judiciary Senate. Immigration and Naturalization Service: How Should It Be Restructured?, May 02, 2002. 107th Cong. 2nd sess.
- United States. Committee on the Judiciary Senate. L-1 Visa and American Interests in the 21st Century Global Economy. July 29, 2003. 108th Cong. 1st sess.
- United States. Committee on the Judiciary Senate. Examining the Importance of the H-1B Visa to the American Economy. Sep. 16, 2003. 108th Cong, 1st sess.
- United States. Committee on the Judiciary House. Problems in the Current Employment Verification and Worksite Enforcement System, Apr. 24, 2007. 110th Cong. 1st sess.
- United States. Committee on the Judiciary Senate. Promoting Job Creation and Foreign Investment in the United States: An Assessment of the EB-5 Regional Center Program, July 22, 2009. 11th Cong, 1st sess.